1. Home
  2. » Help Center


Welcome to the Maine.gov Help Center!

Help Icon

Maine.gov Live Chat

Available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (Eastern time), excluding Holidays.

Live Help

Click on the Live Help button to chat with a representative or find other ways to contact Maine.gov.

  • Please be aware that chat communication is not secure. Do not send personal information such as credit card or social security numbers through your chat session or emails.
  • Please disable any pop-up blocking functions in order to fully utilize the Live Help feature.

Common Questions about Services

I'm trying to renew my vehicle registration but I'm receiving an error message regarding my control number. What do I do to correct this?

You must enter the current control number in order to complete a registration renewal. Please make sure you are using the control number from your current registration, as the control number changes every year.

I'm looking for a specific agency to contact. How do I do so?

There is a complete listing of agencies, including mailing and physical addresses, and phone numbers directory in the State Agency Directory.

How do I get a confirmation of my Rapid Renewal transaction?

Call InforME at 207-621-2600.

I'm receiving an error message that states the billing information doesn't match for the Corrections Deposit Service. What do I do?

This problem can occur if the the name on the card isn't entered exactly as it was when the account was registered. If you have double-checked that the name has been entered correctly and are still having problems, give us a call at 207-621-2600.

Do I need a username and password to file an Annual Report Online?

No, you do not need a username and password unless you are an InforME subscriber. You can choose to pay with a credit card or electronic check.

How do I get a copy of a criminal record search that's already been processed?

Call InforME at 207-621-2600

How do I get a copy of a hunting/fishing license that I already purchased?
It says I need to show proof of citizenship to renew my driver's license. Why?

Recent legislative changes now require proof of citizenship or documentation that you are in the country legally. For a full list of residency requirements, please see the Secretary of State site.

Common Questions about the Maine.gov website

Common Questions about InforME Subscriber Services

How do I become a subscriber?

Fill out the Terms of Service Agreement (PDF) and send it to:

  • Attn: Subscriber Services
  • InforME/Maine Information Network, LLC
  • 45 Commerce Drive, Suite 10
  • Augusta, Maine 04330

View information regarding subscription services and fees.

How do I make a payment on my InforME subscriber account?

Call InforME to pay via ACH or Credit Card, or send a check to:

  • Maine Information Network
  • P.O. Box 404776
  • Atlanta, GA 30384-0001

Common requests that are not related to state government

Social Security or Disability Benefits information and application forms?
The Social Security Program is administered by the US Federal Government, Social Security Administration. For information about this program and application materials, please visit www.ssa.gov.
Passport information?
The Passport Program is administered by the US Federal Government, State Department. For information or application forms, please visit www.travel.state.gov.
A copy of my deed or property record?
Deeds and property records are maintained by the County Registry of Deeds in the county where the property is located. To find contact information, please visit www.maine.gov/local/.
Building permit and building code information?
Building permits and code enforcement standards are issued by municipalities. To find the contact information for your municipality, please visit www.maine.gov/local/.