Transaction Security Policy
Maine state government and InforME take Internet security very seriously. Our technology and policies are designed to make your online transactions safe, private and secure. Documented steps are taken to safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures and we continually evaluate the newest technology for protecting information.
Whenever you see this icon on a Maine state government online service, you can rest assured that the following safeguards and security criteria are in place:
- Transactions involving sensitive information occur on a secure server. You can look for the "lock" symbol at the bottom of your browser window to verify that you are on a secure server.
- Our secure socket layer (SSL) software uses state-of-the-art 128-bit encryption to ensure that your personal and financial information cannot be intercepted during transmission to our server.
- All information requests pass through hardware and software security firewalls.
- Communication between InforME servers/systems and State databases is passed via a secure private network.
- Sensitive information is encrypted.