Home → Laws & Rules
Laws & Rules
The Maine Charter School Commission is governed by Maine's charter school law and separate rules adopted by the Commission.
Maine's charter school law outlines the responsibilities of the Charter School Commission and allows it to authorize up to 10 schools throughout the state during the first 10 years of Maine's charter school law.
- Maine Revised Statutes Title 20-A Chapter 112: Public Charter Schools
- Maine State Department of Education 05-071 Rule 140, Public Charter Schools
Maine's charter school law authorizes the Charter School Commission to adopt rules related to its procedures for authorizing public charter schools.
- 90 668 Chapter 1, Commission Organization and Operation
- The rule chapter describes the organization and operation of the Maine Charter School Commission. For Rule language: View the Secretary of State's Rule Chapters page for Independent Agencies.
- 90 668 Chapter 2, Procedures for Commission Authorization of Public Charter Schools
- The rule chapter articulates the Maine Charter School Commission's procedures for soliciting, accepting and reviewing applications to form public charter schools. For Rule language: View the Secretary of State's Rule Chapters page for Independent Agencies.