Maine Coastal Atlas
Coastal Mapping Portal
This page will eventually house the Maine Coastal Atlas Mapping Portal. This portal will be both a tool and a repository for coastal and marine spatial data. Federal, State, Academic, and Non-Governmental Organizations data will comprise the majority of the listings, though other sources may be considered for inclusion as well. The estimated completion date of this component of the Atlas is the Winter of 2012.
This database is intended to provide key summary information on a wide variety of research projects that are either currently happening or have happened in Maine's Coastal Zone.
The Maine Coastal Atlas Advisory Group
This group has helped to guide the development process of the Atlas and has made recommendations and suggestions for content, layout, and accessibility. The group is comprised of members from the Maine Department of Marine Resources, the Maine Geological Survey, the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, the Island Institute, the Quebec Labrador Foundation, and the Northeast Regional Association of Ocean and Coastal Observing Systems.
- Maine Coastal Program
- Maine Department of Marine Resources
- Maine Geological Survey
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Coastal Services Center
- The Gulf of Maine Council On the Marine Environment
- Northeast Regional Ocean Council
- Council On Environmental Quality
Non-Governmental Organization Partners
- The Gulf of Maine Institute
- The Island Institute
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Quebec Labrador Foundation
- The Northeastern Regional Association of Coastal and Ocean Observing Systems