iMapInvasives - Report It!
- map invasive plant infestations
- facilitate early detection and rapid response to new invasive species and infestations
- track invasive species control efforts, to help improve best practices and outcomes over time
- query data more finely and see individual records
- search to see which invasive species have been reported in your town, watershed, or county
- set up an email alert to be notified of new infestations in your area
- create an assessment polygon to outline an area of infestation, and record the severity of and other information about the infestation
- record areas where you have searched and whether or not you found anything
- note treatments you have done
What is iMap?
iMap is a free web-based map and database that shows where invasives are on Maine's landscape.
Anyone in Maine can use iMap for information about invasive species in our state. A distribution map by county or watershed is available to anyone, including non-registered users.
Please note that iMapInvasives works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
iMap can be an effective tool for citizen groups, landowners, and land managers. Registered users can use iMap to:
Here is an example showing an assessment polygon in yellow and the observation point in red just below it.
For more information at the national level, please visit the iMap homepage.
Entering observations is quick and easy. Take a free on-line training today!
Creating assessments, surveys, treatments, and infestation management records is more involved and requires additional training. Please email email@example.com for information about training opportunities.
Can I report an invasive species without setting up a user account?
Yes, you can report invasives without an account at http://www.imapinvasives.org/meimi/report_invasives/. We will ask for your contact information so that we can follow-up if the species is new to the area, or if it is an early detection species for the state (these are good candidates for rapid response eradication efforts).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about invasive species in Maine