Fishing is world class in Maine. Sebago Lake land-locked salmon has been served to Presidents of the United States. Northern lakes, ponds and rivers provide excellent fly fishing for native brook trout. And the truly avid take part in ice fishing during the winter.
- Use our Park Search Feature and select the fishing icon under “Search by Activities” to find fishing locations on Maine State Parks and Public Lands.
- Fish Species in Maine
- Fish ID webpage and PDF guide by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Photos and species information pages by the Maine Office of Tourism
- Ice fishing derbies are popular during the wintertime.
- Our Winter Family Fun Days (link to 22.214.171.124.6) in January and February include two annual ice fishing derbies for kids.
- Check our event calendar for more year round fun!
- Fishing Free days are offered twice each year by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. Click here for the current dates.
- The Maine Office of Tourism fishing page includes a video and highlights fishing locations, resources, and sporting camps.