Instructions for Asian longhorned beetle (PDF, 55KB)
Instructions for emerald ash borer (PDF, 55KB) (Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources)
- For the wings we used Metallic Tissue Sheets which we purchased at a party store.
- For the emerald ash borer, metallic green spray paint is good, or spray once with green spray paint and then a second time with glitter paint.
- For the emerald ash borer antennae we used green twist ties, 4” long, wrapped around the “neck” of the clothespin.
We can put together kits (for up to 30 bugs) if you want to do this craft but don’t want to buy all these materials for a small quantity.
- FAQs About Firewood
- Foes of the Forests - view
- ALB Images (Invasives.org)
- ALB Lookalikes
- ALB vs. Whitespotted Sawyer
- ALB Damage Pictures (Invasives.org)
- Other invasive forest pests
- REPORT ALB
- Volunteer Page!
- Beetle Busters
- City of Worcester, MA
- Massachusetts Introduced Pests Outreach Project
- Purdue University Pest Tracker
- University of Vermont
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (AHPIS)
- USDA Forest Service
- USDA Agricultural Research Service: