Town of Hermon
Whether you are an individual looking for quiet, country roads or a quality constructed home in a residential subdivision, or a business looking for low taxes but all the amenities of the city, Hermon has it all. Conveniently located just minutes to a major airport, shopping facilities, and less than one hour to beautiful Acadia National Park or the pristine Moosehead Lake region, Hermon offers you a great place to call home.
We are proud of our strong growth in recent years and the many quality businesses that have selected our community as their business location. Hermon's popularity can be attributed to many factors including our business-friendly reputation, quality school system, upscale residential developments, and our many recreational amenities that promote a healthy lifestyle. Our tax rate is also pretty hard to beat at only $11.91 per thousand of value.
Hermon provides municipal water, sewer, and three-phase power to much of the business district, and we will assist you with the myriad of local or state incentive programs that may benefit your business. Our approval process is no-nonsense and second to none. We're also on the cutting edge of technology; as one of the few municipal Internet service providers in the country, Hermon.net can provide your business with reliable and cost effective world-class communications. If this is not enough, our Business Loan Program can help your business get started with low interest loans. Hermon has raised the bar when it comes to business attraction and expansion. Please visit www.Hermon.net to see more of what this great town can offer you.
Hermon at a Glance
- FedEx recently announced construction of an 85,000 square foot facility to be located on a 12-acre site on Mack Lane in the Coldbrook Business Park. Bangor Daily News article link: (http://bangordailynews.com/2013/07/30/business/fedex-confirms-plans-for-new-facility-in-hermon/)
- Hermon was recently recognized by the State of Maine as a business-friendly community in the State. The Commissioner of Economic and Community Development presented the award at a ceremony held at the Coldbrook Business Park which was attended by 30 area business people.
Name: Ron Harriman
Phone: (207) 947-8595
Highlights from the review Team
- Strong local initiative through the completion and adoption of a master plan for the town’s village area.
- Creation of the “Cost Sharing Program” that promotes public infrastructure improvements, and encourages new industrial and commercial jobs.
- Founding member of Bangor Regional Development Alliance (BRDA), which seeks to attract out-of-state investment to the region.
- Development of an aggressive and effective advertising program, and launch of a new website promoting the community with an emphasis on economic development.