Kennebunk, Maine is the quintessential New England Town offering big city amenities in a small town atmosphere. Kennebunk, located in York county is 25 minutes from the Portland International Jetport (PWM) and Portsmouth, NH; 60 minutes from Boston, Massachusetts; 10 minutes from AMTRAK and only minutes to York County Community Action Shuttle and Trolley Service Stops in Town. The town’s population consists of 12,000 full time residents and doubles during the summer season with seasonal residents and tourists! Population access within 15 minutes of Kennebunk is 50,000.
Kennebunk is conveniently located near the: University of New England, Rivertree Arts, York County Community College and Southern Maine Community College. Just recently, Kennebunk High School was awarded with a silver medal for “Best High Schools” by U.S. News & World Report.
Just recently, we conducted a Strategic Economic Development Process SEDAP to help create a vision for the Economic future of Kennebunk. The plan has helped us measure our success, set up benchmarks and guide us efficiently and cohesively.
Kennebunk continues to grow as a financial center home to many banking institutions. There has been an influx of outside investment resulting in millions of dollars in renovations of historic structures in Downtown, Lower Village and West Kennebunk.
In addition to our quality education, quality of life is just as important. We are a pedestrian-friendly community with access to countless recreational opportunities from canoeing to bird watching. Biking trails along the Rachel Carson Preserve lead to pristine beaches that are also dog-friendly. Come visit Kennebunk if you haven’t already!
What's New in Kennebunk
- Kennebunk is making a difference, learn how!
- $1.6 rehabilitation of The Pythian Block in Downtown
- $3 million Downtown Enhancement #1 & 2 underway
- Awarded $300 million in State and Federal Grants
- Seasonal AMTRAK Train Stop arriving in Kennebunk 2015!
- Economic Development Seminars on Social Media were a hit!
Community Website: www.kennebunkmaine.us
Name: Mat Eddy, Economic Development Director
Highlights from the review Team
- One-Stop Shop Service –Initial consult with applicable team members offering prospective business owners answers in one sitting
- Pursue new ventures and technologies that are sustainable and create the jobs of tomorrow
- Demonstrate community pride with many annual events
- Utilize revolving loans, grants and TIFs to attract new business and help existing businesses grow
- Many quality of life amenities (two community gardens, canoe access, public transportation, affordable housing opportunities, pedestrian-friendly, access to beaches, rivers and preservation lands)