The Office of Community Development (OCD) is a division within the Department of Economic & Community Development (DECD). The primary focus of OCD is the administration of the HUD funded Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program which includes regional technical assistance and training. We work closely with Maine municipalities, regional partnerships and non-profit groups to meet a broad array of economic and community development needs. Our programs are designed to support initiatives that:
- Are integrated in a long range community strategy;
- Provide for further public and private investment;
- Benefit low-to-moderate income persons;
- Enhance deteriorated residential and business districts;
- Promote quality housing, jobs and sense of community, and
- Maximize citizen participation and regional partnerships.