Multi-Sector General Permit (industrial activities)
Related page: Waste Discharge Program
The Multi-sector General Permit provides basic stormwater standards for industrial activities. DEP began implementing these requirements following delegation of the federal NPDES program to the State of Maine. Contacts
- If you have general questions related to this program, please contact your nearest DEP regional office (see numbers below) and mention that you need to speak to someone about the "industrial stormwater program" or "multisector". That will help our receptionist to correctly forward your call. Office numbers:
- Augusta (Central Maine Regional Office): Vacant
- Bangor (Eastern Maine Regional Office): Jana Wood at 207-215-7869 or 207-941-4570
- Bangor (Eastern Maine Regional Office): Angie Rogers at 207-735-3667 or 207-941-4570
- Portland (Southern Maine Regional Office): Alison Moody at 207-615-8936 or 207-822-6300
- Presque Isle (Northern Maine Regional Office): Sean Bernard at 207-760-3135 or 888-769-1053
- Industrial stormwater program coordinator -- David Ladd, 207-215-7168
- Waste discharge laws. 38 MRSA § § 413, et. seq. (off-site).
- General Permits for Certain Wastewater Discharges, Ch. 529 (off-site).
Important Note about Forms in Word: Altered forms will not be accepted. If you believe an item does not apply, write "NA" or "not applicable" rather than deleting it. Extending the length of a form to add more information is acceptable.
- Annual Report Form. Annual Report form (pdf file); Annual Report form (msword file)
- Corrective Action Form. CAR form (pdf file); CAR form (msword file)
- No Exposure Certification Form. NEC form (pdf file); NEC form (msword file)
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Form. NOI form (pdf file); NOI form (msword file)
- Notice of Termination (NOT) Form. NOT form (pdf file)
- Numeric Monitoring SOP
- Quarterly Inspection Checklist. QIC form (pdf file); QIC form (msword file)
- Visual Monitoring Form. Visual Monitoring Instructions. Visual Monitoring SOP
Model Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
The Industrial Stormwater unit is in the process of updating these documents to reflect the 2011 MSGP. If you need assisstance, please contact your regional Industrial Stormwater Inspector.
- Model Auto Salvage Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan. Model Auto SWPPP (pdf file).
- Model Marina Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan. Model Marina SWPPP (pdf file).
- Farmingdale SWPPP (pdf file).
- Gardiner SWPPP (pdf file).
- Monmouth SWPPP (pdf file).
- Topsham SWPPP (pdf file).
- Multi-Sector General Permit. The Maine Multi-sector Industral (or MSGP) permit was issued April 26, 2011.