On this page:
- Abuse - Report Child Abuse - The child abuse hotline is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Child Abuse Action Network - The Child Abuse Action Network (CAAN) is a multi-disciplinary, public and private sector committee committed to enhancing the professional and public response to child abuse in Maine.
- Handbook for Parents - Describes rights parents have during a child abuse and neglect assessment.
- Mandated Reporters - Information and resources for people who are required by law to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Child Protection - an overview of the procedure followed when investigating allegations of child abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Child Welfare Services Practice Model - Child and Family Services joins with families and the community to promote long-term safety, well-being, and permanent families for children. This practice model guides our work with children and their families.
- A Guide to Adoption Services in Maine - A list of licensed private adoption agencies in Maine, Maine adoption placement services, adoptive family support groups and other related adoption services.
- How Do I Adopt? - This is the step by step process for adopting a child in the care of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Maine Adoption Reunion Registry - How adoptee's and their birth families can attempt a reunion.
- Maine's Waiting Children - A photolisting of the children in the care of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services awaiting adoption.
- Foster Parenting - Department of Health and Human Services information about and links to information about adoptive and foster parenting.
- Levels of Care - A process for assessing the service needs of all Maine children currently in foster care and new children entering foster care.
- Independent Living - Information and resources for older youth in the custody, or continued care of DHHS. Includes information on the Chafee Foster Care Independence Program, Independent Living, and more.
For more information:
If you haven't found what you're looking for, visit our pages for: