Not only is membership a great monetary deal, it helps support new exhibits, staffing, and educational programs at our facility. As a non-profit facility, our admissions and gift shop sales are our main source of operational funds. Those funds, combined with grants acquired through the US Fish & Wildlife Service, allow the Maine State Aquarium to continue serving as an important resource for residents and visitors in our great state.
Types of Membership
- Individual Membership - Fee $30.00
Member will receive free admission to Summer Science Fest programs, a 10% gift shop discount, the aquarium newsletter "Tidepool Times", a bumper decal, and unlimited season visits.
- Family Membership - Fee $60.00
for immediate family, up to 8 people*. Membership will include free admission to Summer Science Fest programs, a 10% gift shop discount, the aquarium newsletter "Tidepool Times", a bumper decal, unlimited season visits, and four one-time guest passes for non-pass members.
*Family membership covers up to 2 adults and 6 unmarried children or grandchildren under 18. These members must be listed on the membership form and have the same family name.
- Residential - Fee $45.00
Same benefits as Family membership, for a discounted price with local identification.
- Community Discount Pass - Fee $150.00
- Pass must be present to be used and one member must have corresponding identification.
- Members must sign-in to each time they are using pass.
- Family Pass member names will be listed on membership form and must have same family name.
- Passes are limited to one person (Individual Pass) or 8 immediate family members (Family Pass) only.
- No businesses will be allowed to purchase Family Passes. General admission fares will be charged for businesses, or group rate (10 or more people) with pre-reservation.
- Passes are good for current season only, and are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Family Pass members will receive 4 guest passes to be used during current season. When used, passes will be hole-punched and receptionist will collect. If unused, passes will expire at end of season.
To get your membership
Simply download your membership form below, print and fill it out, and send it in to get your membership today! The form is a PDF file. PDF files may require Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (download here free) to view or print. Please contact Aimee Hayden-Roderiques if you need an alternate format.
Memberships are also accepted and can be purchased at the reception desk in the Aquarium. If you have questions, call (207) 633-9542 for more information or email