Home > Explore! > Bedrock Geology
Maine's Bedrock Geology
- Originally published on the web as the Survey's "Site of the Month," these sites include more detailed descriptions of geologic features, field trips, and localities.
Geologic Maps and Digital Data
- Available bedrock geologic maps
- Statewide geologic maps
- Bedrock Geologic Map of Maine, scale 1:500,000, edited by P.H. Osberg, A.M. Hussey II, and G.M. Boone, 1985. A 42" x 58" color wall map showing the bedrock geology of Maine. Ages of rocks in color, lithologies differentiated by patterns, inset map of tectonic features, map of metamorphic zones, correlation chart, and extensive reference list.
- Simplified Bedrock Geologic Map of Maine (pdf) (scale 1:2,000,000)
- Historical Bedrock Maps of Maine - Part I: The Hitchcock (1885) Map
- Historical Bedrock Maps of Maine - Part II: The Keith (1933) Map
- Historical Bedrock Maps of Maine - Part III: The 1967 Preliminary Geologic Map of Maine
- Historical Bedrock Maps of Maine - Part IV: The 1985 Bedrock Geologic Map of Maine
Last updated on 29 March 2013