Mineral Collecting Field Trips
Arranged by the Maine Geological Survey
and the Maine Mineral Symposium Association
The Maine Geological Survey will again organize several mineral collecting field trips during 2013. The continuation of these trips for one more year is made possible by funds donated by the Maine Mineral Symposium Association, Inc. An announcement of trip locations, dates, and other details will be posted here by January, 2013. There will be a specified week in which to apply for each trip. Space on the trips is limited, so if we receive more applicants than a trip can accommodate, participants will be selected by lottery at the end of the application week. There will be one change from past years' selection procedure. Due to the great popularity of the Newry Mines trips, priority on the second and any following Newry trips will be given to applicants that have not already been selected for one of our 2013 visits to Newry.
Guidelines and Lottery Sign-Up
- Before signing up for a trip lottery, please read the RULES AND GUIDELINES which are applicable to all trips.
- Note there is a one-week period in which to sign up for the lottery for each trip. The sign-up period is indicated on the web page for each trip.
- LOTTERY APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
2013 Field Trips
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 - Trip # 18: Newry Mines, Newry, Maine
- Saturday, June 15, 2013 - Trip # 19: Newry Mines, Newry, Maine
- Saturday, August 17, 2013 - Trip # 20: Newry Mines, Newry, Maine
- Saturday, September 7, 2013 - Trip # 21: Palermo Mine, North Groton, New Hampshire
Last updated on January 8, 2013