MEEC Meeting Agenda - November 30, 2012
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Burton Cross State Office Building, Room 103
- Review the most recent developments regarding the work of the MEEC;
- Determine the name, definition, and implications associated with each of the four possible summative ratings;
- Develop processes and guidance leading to the summative overall rating using the matrix; and,
- Schedule next series of meetings.
9:00 AM - Welcome, introductions, and overview of the agenda
9:10 - Review and discuss next steps for the MEEC, with the following in mind:
- MEEC Work Plan
- US DOE review of Maine’s ESEA Flexibility request
- Rule-making update
10:00 - Develop summative rating labels, definitions, and implications for teachers and principals
- Note: a 15-minute break will be built into the discussion. If this task is completed before lunch, we will begin the next task.
11:50 - Comments from the public
12:00 PM - Lunch
12:45 - Develop protocol for making summative determinations using matrix:
- How many levels on each axis (‘professional practice standards’ and student learning and growth’) should there be?
- How will each level listed above be determined?
- Which cells in the matrix correspond to each summative rating?
2:30 - Development of next steps and meeting schedule
2:45 - Comments from the public
3:00 - Closure