- Education Evolving – Maine DOE’s strategic plan
- Overview of Maine’s ESEA Application Plan - Coming soon
- Maine ESEA waiver request checklist - Requirements as outlined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Summary of responses to Fall 2011 statewide survey about ESEA in Maine - Coming soon
- LD 1858, An Act To Ensure Effective Teaching and School Leadership
- Definitions of key ESEA acronyms
- Timeline for selected Maine DOE ESEA and related initiatives (PDF, 90KB)
United States Department of Education Resources
- US DOE ESEA flexibility website
- Flexibility overview (MS Word)
- Flexibility application (MS Word)
- Flexibility guidance (MS Word)
- FAQs (including addenda 1-3): (All MS word)
- Round I & II applications and US DOE-state correspondence
- Letter to Chief State School Officers - Additional Information: Next ESEA Flexibility Submission Window
General ESEA Resources
- CCSSO Accountability Principles (PDF) From the Council of Chielf State School Officers
- CCSSO Roadmap (PDF)
- CCSSO ESEA webpage
- Rethinking ESEA – New England Secondary School Consortium concept paper - Coming soon
- ESEA Flexibility document, U.S. Department of Education (MS Word). Download this 23-page document for an overview of the U.S. Department of Education's ESEA Flexibility program. | Microsoft Word download (1.8MB) | Accessible Microsoft Word download (1.8MB)
- ESEA Flexibility web page, U.S. Department of Education. Download and read the ESEA Flexibility applications from the 11 states that submitted them in November 2011 (Look for "ESEA Flexibility Requests Received" heading). Also, this website offers numerous resources and guidance documents to help states put together their flexibility applications.
- Teacher & Leader Evaluation Framework, CCSSO (PDF). The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) assembled this overview of teacher and administrator evaluation policies and components to help states put together models to include in their flexibility applications.
- State-by-state breakdown of Flexibility plans, Center on Education Policy. The Center on Education Policy offers a listing of each state's publicly announced plans for seeking flexibility from No Child Left Behind.
- Summary of Round-One Flexibility Requests (PDF)
- CCSSO Round-One Summaries (PDF)
- Creating a Comprehensive System for Evaluating and Supporting Effective Teaching. (PDF) An integrated approach to a professional development system that supports effectiveness for all teachers at every stage of their careers.
- Some of the nationally-recognized professional practice standards for teachers and for principals:
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) (PDF)
- InTASC standards
- Danielson Framework (PDF)
- Oodles of models of all sorts can be reviewed at the National Comprehensive Center for Teacher Quality.?