Renew One-Year Certificates
Only those employed under one-year certificates should follow this process. Renewal forms will be sent to you via U.S. mail. When you return your application to the Certification Office, please enclose:
- The completed application (with signed recommendation from support chair)
- Official transcripts
- Test scores
- Affidavit of employment for the upcoming school year (if needed)
- Applicable fee(s)
1. Check your name and address at the top of the application; make corrections either above or below the existing information.
2. Acquire the recommendation and signature of the certification support system chairperson on the back of the application.
3. Enclose only official transcripts for required courses (if applicable). Do not send reports, faxed transcripts, computer printouts or copies of official transcripts.
4. Enclose a copy of passing PPST, PRAXIS II, or PLT scores (if applicable).
5. Enclose an affidavit of employment from the superintendent for the upcoming (if applicable) school year.
6. Answer the three questions and sign the back of the application.
- Yes Questions. If you answered “yes” to Question 1: For each conviction, enclose a brief explanation stating when and what the conviction was. Include documents if possible. These documents may be obtained from the Clerk of Courts where you were convicted. You must include any conviction for which you were found guilty and paid a fine, served time in jail or on probation, paid restitution, lost a license, or performed public service. This would include OUI.
If you answered “yes” to Questions 2 and/or 3: Enclose an explanation for each situation.
If you answered “yes” on a previous certification application and there have been no additional charges filed, submit a signed statement listing prior convictions and that there have been no new charges since the previous “yes” was submitted.
Note for CHRC renewal: See the enclosed fee sheet. Some will also need to send the additional $24 fee so we can recheck your fingerprints (CHRC).
Renewal processing could take 8 to 10 weeks. Delays will occur if your application package is not complete or if we need to wait for the results of your fingerprint criminal history record checks from the State Police.