This collection of digital tools provides many of the resources needed to implement the plan. The toolkit is free to all who wish to use it, and will continue to grow as needs are identified and solutions developed.
- State Literacy Team Members
- Maine DOE Literacy Web Links. Sortable listing of the literacy-related divisions and resources based in the Maine Department of Education.
- Literacy Resources Guide for Parents and Community (PDF, 98KB). Listing of online links to literacy-related organizations at the state and national level. Through these organizations, a variety of literacy related information and resources can be obtained.
- Tydings Waiver Request for FFY10 Funds
Informational & Marketing Materials
- Literacy for ME one-page informational sheet (PDF, 658KB)
- Literacy for ME two-page informational sheet PDF (115KB) | DOC (998KB)
- Literacy for ME Brochure for Parents and Community Members (PDF, 2MB). Tri-fold brochure offering suggestions on how parents and community members can support literacy growth across the birth to adult span.
Sample Literacy Learning Targets
Progression of literacy learning targets for age/grade spans from birth to adult, written in less technical terms than standards documents.