Home → Maine School Performance Grading System
Maine School Performance Grading System
- Communcations Toolkit for districts (MS Word, 585KB). Administrators may reference this kit when preparing to address the public regarding their school's letter grade. Check back for updates and additional resources the week of the rollout.
- Superintendents letter (MS Word, 26KB). Our first letter to superintendents, sent April 19, 2013.
- Overview (PDF, 53KB). Why we’re doing it and how we came up with the system we did.
- FAQ (PDF, 91KB). Answers to many of the questions we anticipate you will have and that your parents and community members will have for you.
- Making the Grade: Using data to support Maine schools (PDF, 83KB). Suggestions for educators and parents on how to make best use of the report cards.
- Methodology (PDF, 145KB). This provides information about each of the data points. It does not include the scoring or how scores translate into grades. That will come in the final days before the public release. We want you to have time to digest and understand the grading system without the pressures of public release of the grades – or all of the information that would allow someone to calculate the grades.
- Introductory Webinar. Hosted by Education Commissioner Stephen Bowen, with Rachelle Tome, Maine DOE Chief Academic Officer; Bill Hurwich, Director of the Statewide Longitudinal Data System; and David Connerty-Marin, Maine DOE Director of Communications.