Home → Operations & Student Services
Operations & Student Services
Teaching and learning are at the core of the mission of Maine's schools and the Maine Department of Education.
But teaching and learning cannot happen unless students have a safe and clean building to learn in, the transportation they need to get there, the care they need to stay healthy, the nutrition they need to grow physically and the personal support they need to grow holistically.
- School Facilities. Keeping Maine's school buildings safe and modern.
- Student Transportation. Getting Maine's students to school safe and ready to learn.
- Student Health. Helping students live healthy lives.
- Student Nutrition. Making sure Maine's students have access to nutritious meals.
- School Counseling. Helping students plan for the future and overcome social and emotional difficulties.
- School Safety. Ensuring a safe classroom environment from bullying to use of restraints to emergency planning.