2013-14 Cohort Program Review Materials and Activities
Program review is a process which purposefully selects priority areas to examine for compliance. The Maine DOE will examine identified areas for compliance to increase and improve outcomes for identified children. The Maine DOE will use an improvement planning process to ensure correction of noncompliance that can be accomplished in a timely manner based on the development of a new Monitoring Tool. The program review process for cohort 2013-14 includes all the materials and activities listed below.
- Notification Letter. This letter notifies the SAU of its inclusion in this school year's General Supervision monitoring process. Monitoring activities include: on-site monitoring, review of submissions for desk audits, and review of other sources of data available from the SAU.
- Letter of Instruction. The General Supervision System integrates on and off-site monitoring to review each SAU for compliance with special education requirements. Notification of this monitoring process must be provided to each SAU in writing, and the process must be done systematically based on the Program Review Projections. This Letter of Instruction provides the required notice, and outlines the items to be collected and sent to the Maine DOE by the SAU when submitting evidence for review.
- Accuracy Certification Form (RTF, 53KB). This form is required as part of its evidence of compliance during the SAU's monitoring period, certifying that all evidence is an accurate reflection of the process and paperwork in the SAU.
- Certification of School Personnel Form (RTF, 78KB). This form is required to be submitted by each SAU identifying the personnel with current licenses/certifications and criminal history record check employed and contracted in the SAU providing services to children with disabilities.
- Monitoring Webinar. This webinar reviews the Letter of Instruction (including the areas that will be monitored), the evidence that is required from the SAUs through self-assessment, and what will be reviewed on-site.
- Monitoring Tool (XLS, 117KB). This monitoring tool is specific to this cohort, and is made up of the specific items to be monitored.
Indicator B11 Resources
- B11 Webinar. This webinar describes completion of initial evaluations as one piece of the Child Find process and the performance that is measured for reporting on the State Performance Plan. The Initial Evaluation Tracking Tool is demonstrated along with technical assistance regarding what must be tracked and how to track it.
- Initial Evaluation Timeline Tracking Tool (RTF, 773KB). The model tool for tracking completion of initial evaluations.
- Initial Evaluation Reasons for Delay Chart. Acceptable reasons for delay in the completion of initial evaluation timelines.
- B11 One-Pager (RTF, 751KB). A one-page reference guide on the monitoring process for completion of initial evaluations within the required timeline.