Site Visit Letter
The following was sent to Maine Special Purpose Private School directors outline the site visit process for the 2013-14 monitoring cohort.
Dear Program Director,
Thank you for setting aside time for the Special Purpose Private School (SPPS) monitoring program review. This letter is in preparation for the on-site visit planned as part of the SPPS monitoring in which you are participating this year, scheduled for [date of visit]. In preparation for the on-site visit:
- Please plan to be present during the monitoring process. If you are unable to be available for the full day, please have your assistant or coordinator available during the times you are unavailable.
- Consider inviting a special education teacher to assist you with this process.
- Please confirm the SPPS site review address and that it includes a confidential work space for the review team.
- Please provide contact information to Jonathan Braff or Denise Towers the week before the planned visit, for contacts related to bad weather, etc.
- Our schedule is as follows:
- 8 a.m.to 8:30 a.m. arrival time
- 8:30 a.m. tour of facility
- 10:30 a.m. student record review
- Noon lunch
- 12:30 p.m. staff interviews - two teachers, two educational technicians and two service providers (see interview question sheets enclosed)
- 2:30 p.m. exit interview (to include questions we may have for you, any questions you may have for us, and a report of our basic findings, if any)
As part of this SPPS monitoring program review , we look forward to meeting with you and your staff on [date of visit] and collaborating with you in the process.
Jonathan Braff, Esq.
Coordinator for Special Purpose Private Schools