Maine Taxable Retail Sales
Get Data From Our Interactive Data Tool:
Here are instructions for using the data tool:
- Scroll down in the dataset selection to Taxable Retail Sales and choose either Monthly or Quarterly data.
- Selecting a higher-level geography will present you with options to select more specific geographies.
- Monthly data is available for the state and the economic summary areas within.
- Quarterly data is available for counties and the municipalities within.
- Ex: to view figures for Waterville and Augusta, select Kennebec in the left menu, then the cities in the middle menu.
- Available time periods are selectable in the right menu. Select any number of these, then Add Selection to Datasheet.
- You can now add additional data selections or time periods, or you can View Datasheet to process the query.
Important Notes About the Data:
Maine Revenue Services revises historical data when necessary to reflect changes in business filings and category reassignments. Updated versions of these reports reflect those revisions and should never be combined with previously downloaded reports. All figures are in thousands of dollars. All blank cells represent information that legally must be withheld to preserve taxpayer confidentiality. Quarterly information within the data tool is revised monthly.
Static Annual Reports:
- 2013 (XLS)
- 2012 (XLS)
- 2011 (XLS)
- 2010 (XLS) (PDF Summary)
- 2009 (XLS) (PDF Summary)
- 2008 (XLS)
- 2007 (XLS) (PDF)
- 2006 (XLS) (PDF)