Skip Maine state header navigation
Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation
|Home | Contact Us | Forms & Guides | About Us | Meetings||
Site Map |
information and resources
21A M.R.S.A § 1059. Report; filing requirements
Committees required to register under section 1053, 1053-B or 1056-B shall file an initial campaign finance report at the time of registration and thereafter shall file reports in compliance with this section. All reports must be filed by 11:59 p.m. on the day of the filing deadline, except that reports submitted to a municipal clerk must be filed by the close of business on the day of the filing deadline.
1. Contents; quarterly reports and election year reports. (REPEALED)
2. Reporting schedule. Committees shall file reports according to the following schedule.
A. All committees shall file quarterly reports:
B. General and primary election reports must be filed:
C. Pre-election and post-election reports for special elections or ballot measure campaigns must be filed:
D. A committee that files an election report under paragraph B or C is not required to file a quarterly report when the deadline for that quarterly report falls within 10 days of the filing deadline established in paragraph B or C.
E. A committee shall report any expenditure of $500 or more made after the 14th day before the election and more than 24 hours before 5:00 p.m. on the day of the election within 24 hours of that expenditure.
3. Report of expenditures made after the 11th day and more than 48 hours before any election. (REPEALED)
4. Special election reports. (REPEALED)
5. Electronic filing. Committees shall file each report required by this section through an electronic filing system developed by the commission. The commission may make an exception to this electronic filing requirement if a committee submits a written request that states that the committee lacks access to the technology or the technological ability to file reports electronically. The request for an exception must be submitted within 30 days of the registration of the committee. The commission shall grant all reasonable requests for exceptions.
Updated to include laws enacted during the First Regular Session of the 125th Legislature (2011)
|Copyright © 2006 All rights reserved.|