Legendary Guide Award Guidelines
To view the PDF documents, you will need the free Adobe Reader. If you need assistance, view our PDF Help page, email us or call us at (207) 287-8000.
Download the Legendary Maine Guide Award Nomination Form [PDF]
- Must meet 20 year anniversary as a Registered Maine Guide. Active guide for 10 years
- Passes a criminal background check. Law abiding citizen with no arrests for committing a crime related to: Human injury, gun laws or major hunting or fishing violations for 20 years.
- Volunteer community service. Providing education about safety and survival in the Maine woods. Introducing and educating youth about the importance of the ecosystem found in the State of Maine.
- Active on boards or committees that enhances and promotes the importance of Maine's outdoor resources, ie: youth programs, scout leader, conservation education, safety instructor, search and rescue volunteer, active in Fish and Game club(s), guide license examiner, etc.
- All nominations must be received by January 10th of the calendar year.
All nominations will be reviewed by a seven (7) member review panel from the IF&W.
- Deputy Commissioner, IF&W, Chair
- Previous year's Wiggie Robinson Award winner
- 4 Maine Guides (2-MPGA; 2-non-members MPGA)
- Maryann Foye, IF&W, Licensing
The Award will be presented to the winner at the Annual Maine Professional Guides Banquet each year.