Minerva Executive Board Meeting
Attendance: Janet Blood , Karen, Cindy White, Judy Frost , Karen LaForgia, Kevin Davis , Steve Norman, Jay Scherma, James Jackson Sanborn, Betsy Pohl, Lisa Auriemma
Minutes: 3/9/11 meeting accepted with 1 correction
Judy Frost – Na
James Jackson Sanborn
- May 9th empty InfoNet position will be filled /fully staffed.
- MEcat will be down for 2 days not 1 as previously reported.
- Overdrive Download LIB will no longer accept school libraries, Ed reps are in negotiation with overdrive. Our renewal will be under current terms, 5000 items in collection. Complaints; technical hurdles; “everything” checked-out. Overdrive fee per library will go up this year; may talk to libraries about seeing up own overdrive collection (audio & e-books) patrons would have to log-in before searching.
- Harper Collins new policy will not affect us much and does not affect current holdings
- Iii agency licenses can be reused, 9 licenses that are currently unused. So big cost will be in migration and clean-up fees if we add up to 9 new libraries.
- Machias high school is looking to get out of Minerva they could not get out till next year per the Minerva agreement.
- Slowdown last Friday - processes have been reloaded
- Closed 3rd quarter with 135,000 left in account 3 open invoices (10,000?) coming in and 1 iii bill for virtual server.
- Minerva bills go out may 15th
- No official ILL Best practices? Steve Norman move to approve. Jay suggests the addition of a new, longer, loan period for DVD sets of complete television seasons. Vote approved .
- Kevin stated that the report submitted by the Cataloging committee misrepresents information conveyed by him to the committee. The Cataloging committee was not told that the Executive Board felt it lacked proper authority to enforce the meeting attendance/viewing policy, nor was there any indication of the Board questioning the policy. The committee was informed that, following a discussion of the issue, it was decided, given an inconsistent Agreement to Participate, and the nature of the infraction, the best course of action was for the Chair (Kevin) to contact the members in question and discuss the issue with them, rather than simply cutting off their access to the cataloging module.
- iii add -ons, both Auburn & Scarboro directors are in support of libraries paying for stand alone modules.
- the lending/loaning balancing has been done with few issues
- billing, still need to figure out the cost per license for stand licenses , scoping etc.
- There are 3 Vacancies on board Starting in July (Jay Scherma, Public Libraries , Cindy White, special Libraries , Janet Blood, Academic Libraries ) Cindy and Jay are willing to serve again but they want the nominations to be open as not to shut new members out.
- Bylaws vote passed with 0 no votes, 35 yes votes and 1 abstention
- Users Council Meeting on May 25 10-12 at the Topsham Public Library
Adjournment 11:55 a.m.