How To Create a Monthly New Acquisitions Report
Here is a step-by-step description of one way to create a monthly
new acquisitions list. It makes use of the character-based side
of Minerva. A telnet client is required. Maine State Library
has licensed, and distributes QVT-Term. Some libraries have acquired
Anzio on their own.Because of printing requirements, the telnet
client built into Microsoft Windows is inadequate.
- Start telnet and connect to http://minerva.maine.edu.
- Select menu options M> Management Information, L> Create Lists
of Records. Select an empty list slot by typing its number. Specify
that you wish to create a New list of Items.
- Specify these conditions to create a list for March, 2002:
- Location... HAS... xyz, where xyz is the unique 3-character value
associated with all locations in your library.
- Specify AND, then the next condition:
- Created > 02-28-2002 AND Created <04-01-2002
- Optionally, specify an item record number range. If you see:
Present search range: "i1000000x to i2314488x", you can save
10-20 minutes of processing time by "avoiding the scan of a million
or more older item records. Just type "\" and then
indicate a range starting a couple hundred thousand items below the
highest item number. For instance here one might specify .i2100000a
to .i2314488x. Experience will tell you whether this range
is too large or too small.
- When the list is done, Quit back to the Main Menu.
- Select menu options M> Management Information, S> Create