Is there a topic you would like covered in the
Do you have any suggestions for our next edition?
If so, please email your comments to email@example.com
(Please type "Newsletter" as the subject
of your email.)
*Important information regarding your billing statement*
Due to billing errors, subscribers may see additional charges for UCC Filings on their January statement.
to Contact InforME?
So that we may best serve you, please have the following account information ready when contacting the InforME Help Desk:
- Company Name
- Account Number
- User I.D./Password
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Technical Issues Alert:
The UCC Search service experienced intermittent interruptions in service due to technical issues between December 24th 2002 and the week of January 6th 2003. As a result, the "cache" service was temporarily shut-off during that period. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
you received an error message when accessing UCC or Corporate records?
Our Customer Service Department has compiled a list of common error
messages and their solutions.
Billing Questions :
Find out how you can get the most benefit from your subscription account.
Don't Forget! Your InforME subscriber username and password allows you to access any and all InforME Subscription services:
Websites and Online Services:
Use the Governor's Budget Balancing Tool to help balance the State Budget
File your income taxes online with Maine FastFile
Sign up for the "Do Not Call" list
Apply for a Moose Permit online
View Maine Turnpike Travel Alerts
Public Criminal Records Coming Soon!
Online Public Criminal Records request service was created in partnership with the Department of Public Safety and the State Bureau of Identification. This service provides electronic access to request criminal history record information for offenses committed in the State of Maine. Each request is based on a name and date of birth search. There are two types of possible search results:
- "Nothing on File" which indicates that no record was found;
- A response with conviction information
The search results are emailed within 3 to 5 business days. This service allows users to either request criminal records through a form or by uploading a file. This service is available to subscribers or one time credit card users.
Annual Reports Online
The Department of the Secretary of State and InforME are pleased to announce that as of February 18, 2003, several new features are available to subscribers through Annual Reports Online.
Reinstatement of suspended Maine entities
- Users will now be able to reinstate a suspended Maine corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company or limited liability partnership that has been suspended for less than 3 years.
- The applicable filing and reinstatement fee will be calculated based on the amount of time the entity has been suspended.
- Once the filing has been accepted, the entity is considered to be in "good standing". The Division of Corporations will send a notification by regular mail of the reinstatement.
Filing of multiple annual reports
- Subscribers will now be able to enter the charter number and DCN number of more than one entity in an easier to use format. The subscriber will also have the opportunity to "Save for later" any information entered before submitting the annual report to the Secretary of State.
- Subscribers will be able to view a list of all saved filings. The "View saved filings" feature allows annual reports to be filed in batch or individually. This feature allows subscribers to delete, edit and review saved filings. Additionally, this feature displays the status of the "saved" filing.
- Once filed, subscribers will be able to use the "View filed reports" feature to track all of the annual reports submitted during the calendar year. Using this feature, subscribers will be able to print an acknowledgment of the submitted filing for up to 30 days from the date of filing at no additional cost.
Remember, if you filed your 2002 Annual Report using Annual Reports Online, the information that you entered last year will appear automatically in the system. You can make any necessary changes before submitting your 2003 annual report for filing.
If you have any questions about these new features of Annual Reports Online, please contact the Corporate Reporting and Information Section at (207) 624-7752.