Skip Maine state header navigation
Skip to main content
Programs for hiring specific groups of job seekers
- Help in recruiting and hiring veterans: Businesses that hire Veterans get dedicated employees who bring a wide range of experience to the workplace. CareerCenter Veterans' Representatives work with local employers to connect Veterans with good jobs. Employers who hire eligible veterans may be able to take advantage of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit. If you are a Maine employer looking to hire quality workers with strong leadership and teamwork skills, contact your local CareerCenter Veterans' Representative for more information.
Also available: Developed as part of USDOL’s "America's Heroes at Work" initiative, the Veterans Hiring Toolkit features a straightforward six-step process pinpointing helpful tools for a business to design a veterans hiring initiative
- Recruit a diverse workforce: the Maine CareerCenter system welcomes Maine businesses seeking to recruit workers for a diverse workforce, including workers who have disabilities.
- Federal Bonding Program: provides Fidelity Bonds that guarantee honesty for “at-risk,” hard-to-place job seekers.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC): a federal tax credit that offers an incentive for private sector businesses to hire individuals from 8 targeted groups that have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
- Foreign Labor Certification Program:
permits U.S. employers to hire foreign workers on a temporary or permanent basis to fill jobs essential to the U.S. economy.
- Maine’s Job Bank: Employers can post job opportunities at no charge, review profiles of interested applicants and manage job listings 24/7.
- List of other online job search engines
- Equipment: computer labs, internet access, fax machines, copiers, phones, resume paper, envelopes and stamps are all available free of charge for job search purposes.
- Meeting space: interview and conference rooms are available for employers; many are equipped with video conferencing and audio/visual equipment.
- Job Fairs: get a list of upcoming job fairs in your area or around the state.