According to Federal Statute, an apprenticeable occupation is a skilled occupation that:
- Is typically learned practically through a structured program of 2000 hours per year of supervised on-the-job learning
- Is clearly identified and commonly recognized through an industry
- Involves specialized skills and knowledge that require a minimum number of hours as directed by the schedule of on-the-job work experience
- Requires related instruction classes to supplement on-the-job learning
Please use the links below to access the U.S. and Maine State lists of apprenticeable occupations.
The following documents on this page are available for download in either "PDF", Microsoft "Word" or Microsoft "Excel" formats. You will need either the free Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word or free Microsoft Word Reader, Microsoft Excel or free Excel Viewer to view and print them.
There is a broad spectrum of careers that are apprenticeable and the list below will guide you through the work processes of the apprenticeable occupations that currently have Registered Apprenticeship Programs in the State of Maine.
- Maine State lists of apprenticeable occupations (Excel)
- Maine State lists of apprenticeable occupations (PDF)
Below is a link to a complete list of the over 1,000 apprenticeable occupations currently recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor.
To find out more about the Maine Apprenticeship Program, contact your Maine's Apprenticeship Program Specialist.