Lifelong Learning Accounts can help your business address a variety of workforce challenges. LiLA's can help you:
- Increase productivity;
- Promote employee retention; and
- Improve recruitment of quality workers.
This affordable benefit promotes loyalty and good will among your staff. Some Maine business that are currently participating in the program include: Ask For Home Healthcare, Coastal Enterprises, Maine Oxy, Morris Yachts, Philips Strickland House and Penobscot Bay Media.
To Get Started
To sponsor a Lifelong Learning Account program at your workplace, you need to do the following:
- Determine eligibility requirements for employees
- Host LiLA information sessions
- Match employee contributions (minimum of $25 per month), which are invested in a LiLA account, in the form of a NextGen® account. In addition, income eligible Maine residents may receive an initial $200 matching grant from the Finance Authority of Maine and subsequent annual grants of up to $200.
Let the learning begin!
LiLA funds can be used to pay most higher education expenses at any accredited post-secondary education institution that is eligible to participate in student aid programs administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Funds can be used for:
- Tuition for credit or non-credit courses
- Distance learning courses
- On-line courses
- Certificate programs
- Credit for prior learning assessment
- Test-outs, such as CLEP exams
- Books and other fees
- Course related supplies and equipment required for enrollment or attendance