Report Unemployment Fraud
Unemployment insurance fraud is a crime. You can report instances of unemployment fraud by phone, email, fax, or mail. Your name can be kept confidential.
Unemployment Insurance Fraud can include:
- Unemployment claimants misrepresenting information to qualify for unemployment benefits
- Employer manipulation of unemployment experience rating to obtain a lower tax rate than their unemployment experience would otherwise allow (known as SUTA dumping)
- Employer misclassification of employees as independent contractors to avoid payment of unemployment taxes.
- Employer misreporting of worker wages to avoid payment of unemployment taxes.
- Call the Benefits Division at (207) 621-5100 or the Unemployment Claim Center at 1-800-593-7660.
Email, Fax, or Mail:
Complete this form and send it to Kevin Concaugh via:
- Email addressed to Kevin.M.Concaugh@Maine.gov; or
- Faxed to (207) 287-8351; or
- Mailed to:
Bureau of Unemployment Compensation
Attn: Kevin Concaugh
47 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0047