- Data.gov - The world's first national open data site, Data.gov now includes over 450,000 datasets as well as communities for shared interests, such as law, ethics, energy, education, health, oceans, safety, and more.
Economic Indicators - The Economics and Statistics Administration of the Dept. of Commerce brings together various commonly used economic indicators.
- FDsys : Federal Digital System : America's Authentic Government Information - Replaces GPO Access for government information and publications online. You can search for, or browse to, official federal documents and download them in a choice of file formats. (GPO Access will be archive-only in March 2011.)
Federal government information maintained by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce and NTIS.
FRED - FRED® is a database of over 45,000 [U.S.] economic time series from 41 sources. With FRED®, you can download data in Microsoft Excel and text formats and view charts of data series
United State Government Manual - Search or browse editions from 1995 forward.
- USA.gov : Government Made Easy - Lists of links for all three branches of government including an alphabetical index of all federal agencies. Official portal to the US government.
- Biographical Directory of the United State Congress -
Biographical information for members of Congress from 1774 to
Contacting the Congress - Database of contact information for the current Congress. Includes webpages and email addresses.
- Congress.gov - A beta database of U.S. legislative information that is slated to replace Thomas in 2014. It now includes legislation from the 107th Congress (2001) to the present, member profiles from the 93rd Congress (1973) to the present, and some member profiles from the 80th through the 92nd Congresses (1947 to 1972) but will eventually include everything that is now in Thomas.
Congressional Record (FDsys) - Official record of congressional proceedings and debates from volume 141 (1995) forward.
Government Resources (Thomas) - Links to Congressional information from official and unofficial sources. Thomas will be replaced in 2014 with Congress.gov, currently in beta version.
U.S. House of Representatives - Links to information from the U.S. House of Representatives, about members, leadership, committees, hearings, schedules, rules, bills, visiting and more.
United States Senate - Lists of Senators, contact information, schedules, and active legislation.
U.S. Representatives from Maine 1821-
U.S. Senators from Maine 1821-
- A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (USA.gov) - Alphabetical list of links.
- American Presidency Project - Public papers of the Presidents, 1929 forwards, presented by the University of Southern California.
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - Database of federal assistance programs and information about applying for assistance and writing grant proposals.
- Edgar - A free U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission database of public company filings.
Federal Agencies Directory (Louisiana State University Libraries) - Links to boards, commissions, and committees, as well as judicial, executive, independent, legislative, and quasi-official divisions of government. Searchable.
- Official U.S. Executive Branch Web Sites (Library of Congress) - Links for the White House and executive agencies.
Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States - Full-text searchable Presidental papers from 1991 forward.
U.S. Census Bureau - Links to people, businesses, geography, news and publications. Includes Quick Facts searchable by state and a general search form.
Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents - Searchable statements, messages, and other Presidential materials released by the White House. Coverage is from 1993 forward.
- Whitehouse.gov - Official online White House website.
Judicial (For more links to cases go to our Court Cases page. For court rules go to the Federal Law page)
- Federal Grand Jury - Lots of information on federal and state level grand juries, FAQs, links to laws of the individual states, grand juries in the news, and more.
Federal Judicial Center
- Biographies of federal judges from 1789, histories of individual federal
courts, publications, and state and federal educational programs and
Maine bankruptcy courts - Contact information for U.s. Bankruptcy Courts in Maine. Also explains the federal bankruptcy process and the common surrounding issues, including the process, exemptions and alternatives, as they pertain to Maine residents.
- Supreme Court of the United States. - Cases, information about the Supreme Court, and case handling guidelines.
U.S. Bankruptcy Court - District of Maine - Local rules, forms, and fee information as well as general bankruptcy resources.
U.S Courts (Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts) - Links to all federal courts, and a list of frequently asked questions, and a glossary of judicial terms.
U.S. District Court for the District of Maine - Cases, local rules, forms, and operational information.
- U.S. Supreme Court : Information, Famous Court Cases, and Resources - CourtReporter.net'slinks to famous Supreme Court cases, history, guides, role of the court, as well as a kid's page.