Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > About > Frequently Asked Questions

What is required for U.S. and Canadian children to cross the border?


U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 16 arriving by land or sea from a contiguous territory (Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean) may present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.

See also How can I make sure my school group or sports team can cross the border?

If your question isn't answered here, please contact us.

More Questions