Build a Disaster Supply Kit for Your Home
You can start your kit by bringing together things you already have, and then little by little buying the things you need.
What will you need if you can't get out for three days and don't have electricity? Here are some suggestions:
- 3-day supply of nonperishable food that does not require cooking
- 3-day supply of water (1 gallon of water per person, per day)
- Portable, battery powered radio with extra batteries
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Telephone that works if the electricity is off
- A safe way to heat food and water: camp stove, etc.
- A way to keep warm if the power is off: sleeping bags, extra blankets, etc.
- 3-day supply of your medicines on hand at all times
- Items for infants: formula, diapers, etc.
- Food and water for pets
For More Information
Printer-Friendly Version | Return to Previous Page