Emergency Supplies and Grab-n-Go Bag
Plan for 3 to 7 days of supplies at home. If evacuating with your Grab-N-Go bag to a place with food and water, 1-2 days of supply for those items may be enough.
- Water—1 gallon per person per day
- Non-perishable food and can opener
- Radio—battery powered or hand-cranked
- First aid kit and manual
- Warm blankets or sleeping bag
- Weather appropriate change of clothing, footwear and gloves
- Sanitation items—garbage bags, ties, hand sanitizer, toilet paper
- Personal hygiene items
- Medications (7 days) and eye glasses
- Cell phone and charger, coins or prepaid phone card
- Emergency contact information
- Cash or Traveler’s Checks
- Local maps
- Wrench or pliers for utility shutoff*
- Extra batteries for all devices
- Baby needs—formula, diapers, towelettes, etc.
- Medical/adaptive needs—hearing aids, wheelchair, oxygen tank, etc.
- Pet needs—food, water, leash, crate, records, etc.
- NOAA weather radio
- Fire extinguisher*
- Dust mask, plastic sheeting, duct tape, and scissors*
- Household chlorine bleach*
- Important documents—copy of photo ID, account/insurance policy numbers, proof of residence
- Matches in waterproof container
- Paper cups, plates and utensils
- Paper and pencil
- Children’s books and games
*Items not needed in the Grab-N-Go bag.