> Tips > Protect your important papers
Protect your important papers
August 11, 2012
Birth certificates, insurance policies, medical records, prescriptions. These all are important papers you don't want to lose, or be caught without. Make copies, and keep them somewhere other than your home, such as at your office, a relative's home, or in a safe deposit box. Keep them in a convenient file or packet at home, so if you have to evacuate, your papers can come with you.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- May 23, 2013: Learn how to turn off the utilities in your home.
- January 15, 2013: Your plainest bracelet might be the most valuable
- January 14, 2013: Your furniture ought to be in pictures
- August 17, 2012: Don't be afraid to tell your kids you're afraid
- August 16, 2012: Watch the news, then turn off the TV
- August 15, 2012: Take control in an emergency
- August 14, 2012: Make your emergency plan fit you
- August 13, 2012: Hunt for hidden hazards
- August 12, 2012: Tune your mind to the Safety Channel
- August 11, 2012: Protect your important papers
- August 10, 2012: Does your phone work when the power goes out?
- August 9, 2012: If it's in your emergency food supply, will your kids eat it?
- August 8, 2012: Practice makes perfect
- August 7, 2012: Asking for help is a sign of independence.
- August 6, 2012: Find out how your town would alert you in an emergency
- August 5, 2012: What does your grandmother know that you don't?
- August 4, 2012: Serve emergency awareness with dinner tonight
- August 3, 2012: What's in your wallet?
- August 2, 2012: When it's hot out there: take care
- August 1, 2012: August heat breeds August storms: take them seriously
- July 31, 2012: Campfire safety starts with building it right
- July 30, 2012: Rotate your water supply and always have a cool drink
- July 29, 2012: Safe boating starts with anticipating the weather
- July 28, 2012: The best things in life are free. Like your emergency plan
- July 27, 2012: Camp securely in a safe tent
- July 26, 2012: Summer sun is warm: make sure it doesn't burn
- July 25, 2012: Good information is golden
- July 24, 2012: Connect your family with knowledge: it's powerful
- July 23, 2012: If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs ...
- July 22, 2012: Watch your watches and warnings