> Tips > Keep the Poison Center number handy
Keep the Poison Center number handy
August 21, 2014
1-800-222-1222 is the emergency number for every Poison Control Center in the country. Add 1-800-222-1222 to your emergency phone list. The Poison Center provides immediate treatment advice for poison emergencies. They also provide information about poisons and poison prevention, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Wherever you are in the US, you can call 1-800-222-1222 and reach the Poison Control Center nearest you. In Maine, you can also reach the Northern New England Poison Center by TTY/TDD at: TTY/TDD: (877) 299-4447 (ME only) or (207) 871-2879
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- September 15, 2014: Stop at the cash machine on your way home tonight
- September 14, 2014: Remember why we're preparing for emergencies
- September 13, 2014: There's a nip in the air. Check your wood stove for safety
- September 12, 2014: Stop, look and listen
- September 11, 2014: On this day of remembrance, remember also yourself and your family
- September 10, 2014: Make sure your generator is properly installed
- September 9, 2014: Plan now for an investment in safety
- September 8, 2014: Find out about your workplace emergency plan
- September 7, 2014: Where are those important papers, anyway?
- September 6, 2014: You don't need to give the shirt off your back
- September 5, 2014: Does a tropical depression mean being sad in Bermuda?
- September 4, 2014: It may be football season, but it's hurricane season too!
- September 3, 2014: When your community needs help, that help could be you
- September 2, 2014: If you want to volunteer, get ready now
- September 1, 2014: What does National Preparedness Month mean to you?
- August 31, 2014: Think about how you can help those who've been through disaster
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely
- August 22, 2014: Think green for chemical safety
- August 21, 2014: Keep the Poison Center number handy
- August 20, 2014: Some things should never mix
- August 19, 2014: Are your cupboards poisonous?
- August 18, 2014: Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink
- August 17, 2014: Don't be afraid to tell your kids you're afraid