> Tips > Rainy days are good days to take stock of your emergency supplies
Rainy days are good days to take stock of your emergency supplies
March 6, 2014
When wind outside is howling, stay inside and do an inventory. Do you have everything you would need if the power was out for a day? Or two? Or four? Would you need to leave your home if power were out for too long, or do you have what you need to weather the storm? A little thought and talk with your family now will help you get ready for the cold months ahead.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- September 21, 2014: Some things can never be replaced
- September 20, 2014: A picture is worth a thousand words
- September 19, 2014: Get the facts about the flu
- September 18, 2014: A communications compass helps families who are spread out over the map
- September 17, 2014: Would a major disaster affect your business?
- September 16, 2014: It's barely fall, but winter is around the corner
- September 15, 2014: Stop at the cash machine on your way home tonight
- September 14, 2014: Remember why we're preparing for emergencies
- September 13, 2014: There's a nip in the air. Check your wood stove for safety
- September 12, 2014: Stop, look and listen
- September 11, 2014: On this day of remembrance, remember also yourself and your family
- September 10, 2014: Make sure your generator is properly installed
- September 9, 2014: Plan now for an investment in safety
- September 8, 2014: Find out about your workplace emergency plan
- September 7, 2014: Where are those important papers, anyway?
- September 6, 2014: You don't need to give the shirt off your back
- September 5, 2014: Does a tropical depression mean being sad in Bermuda?
- September 4, 2014: It may be football season, but it's hurricane season too!
- September 3, 2014: When your community needs help, that help could be you
- September 2, 2014: If you want to volunteer, get ready now
- September 1, 2014: What does National Preparedness Month mean to you?
- August 31, 2014: Think about how you can help those who've been through disaster
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely