> Tips > If you're a man, pay attention - if you care about a man in your life, pay attention
If you're a man, pay attention - if you care about a man in your life, pay attention
November 8, 2013
Based on statistics, the majority of winter weather-related fatalities are men, probably because men take more risks, and do not prepare for the possibility that something may go wrong. The majority of the fatalities related to snow and ice are actually men over 40 years old. About 70 percent of the fatalities occur in automobiles, while about 25 percent are people caught out in the storm.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- April 22, 2014: Let the sun shine in
- April 21, 2014: If you had damage to your house or business, tell someone
- April 20, 2014: If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is
- April 19, 2014: Rise again
- April 18, 2014: Talk to your kids about things that might happen
- April 17, 2014: Help your neighbors weather the storm
- April 16, 2014: Question authority? Please, not during the storm
- April 15, 2014: Check your emergency supplies and family plan
- April 14, 2014: When storms are on the way: stay tuned
- April 13, 2014: This could be your lucky day
- April 12, 2014: We've got to start meeting like this
- April 11, 2014: Go back to school
- April 10, 2014: The best things in life are free
- April 9, 2014: Snacks for your car?
- April 8, 2014: Space blanket -- Bingo!
- April 7, 2014: Ice jams form and break without warning
- April 6, 2014: Unique needs = unique plans
- April 5, 2014: When the river is rising: does everyone hear and understand?
- April 4, 2014: Moms and grandmothers know a lot about emergencies
- April 3, 2014: Back to basics: Stay informed
- April 3, 2014: A flood can wash away your life
- April 1, 2014: Flooding is no April Fool
- March 31, 2014: Rain, rain and more rain
- March 30, 2014: Back to Basics: Where are those phone numbers?
- March 29, 2014: Back to Basics Think about what you have and what you need
- March 28, 2014: Back to Basics: Think about something bad ...
- March 27, 2014: You can help your neighbors by taking care of yourself
- March 26, 2014: Who's picking up the kids in an emergency?
- March 25, 2014: Flood waters + cars = People dying
- March 24, 2014: Always do what you're told (in a flooding emergency)