> Tips > Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
November 17, 2013
Install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms inside your home to provide early warning of accumulating CO. CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each separate sleeping area. If bedrooms are spaced apart, each area will need a CO alarm. Test CO alarms at least once a month and replace CO alarms according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- April 22, 2014: Let the sun shine in
- April 21, 2014: If you had damage to your house or business, tell someone
- April 20, 2014: If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is
- April 19, 2014: Rise again
- April 18, 2014: Talk to your kids about things that might happen
- April 17, 2014: Help your neighbors weather the storm
- April 16, 2014: Question authority? Please, not during the storm
- April 15, 2014: Check your emergency supplies and family plan
- April 14, 2014: When storms are on the way: stay tuned
- April 13, 2014: This could be your lucky day
- April 12, 2014: We've got to start meeting like this
- April 11, 2014: Go back to school
- April 10, 2014: The best things in life are free
- April 9, 2014: Snacks for your car?
- April 8, 2014: Space blanket -- Bingo!
- April 7, 2014: Ice jams form and break without warning
- April 6, 2014: Unique needs = unique plans
- April 5, 2014: When the river is rising: does everyone hear and understand?
- April 4, 2014: Moms and grandmothers know a lot about emergencies
- April 3, 2014: Back to basics: Stay informed
- April 3, 2014: A flood can wash away your life
- April 1, 2014: Flooding is no April Fool
- March 31, 2014: Rain, rain and more rain
- March 30, 2014: Back to Basics: Where are those phone numbers?
- March 29, 2014: Back to Basics Think about what you have and what you need
- March 28, 2014: Back to Basics: Think about something bad ...
- March 27, 2014: You can help your neighbors by taking care of yourself
- March 26, 2014: Who's picking up the kids in an emergency?
- March 25, 2014: Flood waters + cars = People dying
- March 24, 2014: Always do what you're told (in a flooding emergency)