> Tips > Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
November 17, 2013
Install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms inside your home to provide early warning of accumulating CO. CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each separate sleeping area. If bedrooms are spaced apart, each area will need a CO alarm. Test CO alarms at least once a month and replace CO alarms according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- September 20, 2014: A picture is worth a thousand words
- September 19, 2014: Get the facts about the flu
- September 18, 2014: A communications compass helps families who are spread out over the map
- September 17, 2014: Would a major disaster affect your business?
- September 16, 2014: It's barely fall, but winter is around the corner
- September 15, 2014: Stop at the cash machine on your way home tonight
- September 14, 2014: Remember why we're preparing for emergencies
- September 13, 2014: There's a nip in the air. Check your wood stove for safety
- September 12, 2014: Stop, look and listen
- September 11, 2014: On this day of remembrance, remember also yourself and your family
- September 10, 2014: Make sure your generator is properly installed
- September 9, 2014: Plan now for an investment in safety
- September 8, 2014: Find out about your workplace emergency plan
- September 7, 2014: Where are those important papers, anyway?
- September 6, 2014: You don't need to give the shirt off your back
- September 5, 2014: Does a tropical depression mean being sad in Bermuda?
- September 4, 2014: It may be football season, but it's hurricane season too!
- September 3, 2014: When your community needs help, that help could be you
- September 2, 2014: If you want to volunteer, get ready now
- September 1, 2014: What does National Preparedness Month mean to you?
- August 31, 2014: Think about how you can help those who've been through disaster
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely
- August 22, 2014: Think green for chemical safety