> Tips > Love will help you weather the storm
Love will help you weather the storm
February 14, 2014
Make a point of helping everyone you love to feel special today. Why is this a preparedness tip? Research shows that family and community ties are what helps us most to weather the storm. And by the way, during any storm, staying home and close to loved ones is what we recommend. Watch the weather, stay off the roads if you can when it's stormy, and stay safe.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- April 24, 2014: Unique health needs means unique emergency needs
- April 23, 2014: Think safety while cleaning up from the winter
- April 22, 2014: Let the sun shine in
- April 21, 2014: If you had damage to your house or business, tell someone
- April 20, 2014: If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is
- April 19, 2014: Rise again
- April 18, 2014: Talk to your kids about things that might happen
- April 17, 2014: Help your neighbors weather the storm
- April 16, 2014: Question authority? Please, not during the storm
- April 15, 2014: Check your emergency supplies and family plan
- April 14, 2014: When storms are on the way: stay tuned
- April 13, 2014: This could be your lucky day
- April 12, 2014: We've got to start meeting like this
- April 11, 2014: Go back to school
- April 10, 2014: The best things in life are free
- April 9, 2014: Snacks for your car?
- April 8, 2014: Space blanket -- Bingo!
- April 7, 2014: Ice jams form and break without warning
- April 6, 2014: Unique needs = unique plans
- April 5, 2014: When the river is rising: does everyone hear and understand?
- April 4, 2014: Moms and grandmothers know a lot about emergencies
- April 3, 2014: Back to basics: Stay informed
- April 3, 2014: A flood can wash away your life
- April 1, 2014: Flooding is no April Fool
- March 31, 2014: Rain, rain and more rain
- March 30, 2014: Back to Basics: Where are those phone numbers?
- March 29, 2014: Back to Basics Think about what you have and what you need
- March 28, 2014: Back to Basics: Think about something bad ...
- March 27, 2014: You can help your neighbors by taking care of yourself
- March 26, 2014: Who's picking up the kids in an emergency?