> Tips > You won't see it or smell it, but it can kill you
You won't see it or smell it, but it can kill you
February 3, 2014
Follow these tips for carbon monoxide safety:
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- Have fuel-burning heating equipment (fireplaces, furnaces, water heaters, wood and coal stoves, space or portable heaters) and chimneys inspected by a professional every year before cold weather sets in.
- When purchasing new heating and cooking equipment, select products tested and labeled by an independent testing laboratory.
- When using a fireplace, open the flue for adequate ventilation.
- Never use your oven to heat your home.
- April 17, 2014: Help your neighbors weather the storm
- April 16, 2014: Question authority? Please, not during the storm
- April 15, 2014: Check your emergency supplies and family plan
- April 14, 2014: When storms are on the way: stay tuned
- April 13, 2014: This could be your lucky day
- April 12, 2014: We've got to start meeting like this
- April 11, 2014: Go back to school
- April 10, 2014: The best things in life are free
- April 9, 2014: Snacks for your car?
- April 8, 2014: Space blanket -- Bingo!
- April 7, 2014: Ice jams form and break without warning
- April 6, 2014: Unique needs = unique plans
- April 5, 2014: When the river is rising: does everyone hear and understand?
- April 4, 2014: Moms and grandmothers know a lot about emergencies
- April 3, 2014: Back to basics: Stay informed
- April 3, 2014: A flood can wash away your life
- April 1, 2014: Flooding is no April Fool
- March 31, 2014: Rain, rain and more rain
- March 30, 2014: Back to Basics: Where are those phone numbers?
- March 29, 2014: Back to Basics Think about what you have and what you need
- March 28, 2014: Back to Basics: Think about something bad ...
- March 27, 2014: You can help your neighbors by taking care of yourself
- March 26, 2014: Who's picking up the kids in an emergency?
- March 25, 2014: Flood waters + cars = People dying
- March 24, 2014: Always do what you're told (in a flooding emergency)
- March 23, 2014: Stay tuned and stay informed
- March 22, 2014: Is your March Madness bracket already busted?
- March 21, 2014: Knowledge is power, especially in flood season
- March 20, 2014: Donate your clean, useable clothing
- March 19, 2014: Ivory Soap floats, and so can your car