Moms and grandmothers know a lot about emergencies
April 4, 2014
Mothers of all ages know about dealing with emergencies. But there are some specific things that moms with young children, or elders with unique needs in the home can think about to deal with their unique situations:
- Have I taken an inventory of my home to see what we have for food and emergency supplies?
- Do I know what my community’s emergency plans and resources are?
- Have I made a plan for communicating with my family members if we are not together when an emergency happens?
- Do I have the emergency supplies I need both to stay in my house and if I have to evacuate?
We all know Moms Rule: These ideas will help you captain the family ship through any storm.Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- December 21, 2014: The Tenth Day of Christmas: Shiny New House Numbers
- December 20, 2014: The Ninth Day of Christmas: First Aid and CPR Training
- December 19, 2014: The Eighth Day of Christmas: First Aid Kits
- December 18, 2014: The Seventh Day of Christmas: A NOAA Weather Radio
- December 17, 2014: The Sixth Day of Christmas: Pet Disaster Supplies
- December 16, 2014: The Fifth Day of Christmas: Disaster Supplies
- December 15, 2014: The Fourth Day of Christmas: A Fire Escape Ladder
- December 14, 2014: The Third Day of Christmas: A Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- December 13, 2014: The Second Day of Christmas: A Smoke Alarm
- December 12, 2014: The First Day of Christmas: A Portable Radio
- December 11, 2014: Make a list and check it twice
- December 10, 2014: Light up your life when the power goes out
- December 9, 2014: Christmas trees unfortunately make great torches
- December 8, 2014: Anything can happen on the road, at any time
- December 7, 2014: It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
- December 6, 2014: Candles and window drapes don't mix
- December 5, 2014: It's cold! Are your family and neighbors warm enough?
- December 4, 2014: Blowing and drifting snow: the gift that keeps on giving
- December 3, 2014: What, snow in Maine in the winter?
- December 2, 2014: "It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter" but don't get stuck
- December 1, 2014: "The first of December was covered with snow"?
- November 30, 2014: Share your best preparedness tip
- November 29, 2014: Space blankets, the final frontier
- November 28, 2014: Be thankful, and be safe
- November 27, 2014: Turkey safety alert! Thaw safely. cook thoroughly, enjoy heartily
- November 26, 2014: Go over the river and through the woods -- safely
- November 25, 2014: Sometimes asking for help is a sign of strength
- November 24, 2014: Look carefully and signal before changing lanes
- November 23, 2014: Slow down and get there faster
- November 22, 2014: Make your holiday gift decisions easy: NOAA Weather Radios