Unique health needs means unique emergency needs
April 24, 2014
Individuals with chronic illnesses or conditions, and those who love them and who care for them, should build a plan that fits with their unique health needs:
- Do you have an emergency supply of essential medications if someone can’t get to a pharmacy?
- Do you have a back-up treatment facility in the event your usual place of care is closed?
- If you are unable to transport yourself out of your home, have you made an evacuation plan based on your unique needs?
Reach out to your community to talk confidentially about special help you might need during an emergency.Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- November 22, 2014: Make your holiday gift decisions easy: NOAA Weather Radios
- November 21, 2014: Help your first responders by helping yourself
- November 20, 2014: Sometimes your parents actually are right
- November 19, 2014: When your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, know what to do
- November 18, 2014: Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
- November 17, 2014: Carbon monoxide safety is important outside your home as well as inside
- November 16, 2014: Rain, rain and more rain ... no matter what the season
- November 15, 2014: It takes all needs to make a plan
- November 14, 2014: Feed your car, avoid a freezing
- November 13, 2014: Listen to all that talk about the weather
- November 12, 2014: Help your pet with his emergency plan
- November 11, 2014: Today is Veterans Day: Keep faith by keeping safe
- November 10, 2014: Floods aren't just for springtime
- November 9, 2014: Your car needs a winter survival kit.
- November 8, 2014: If you're a man, pay attention - if you care about a man in your life, pay attention
- November 7, 2014: Slow down before you slip and slide
- November 6, 2014: Warmth comes in layers
- November 5, 2014: Look out below!
- November 4, 2014: You have a vote. Use it.
- November 3, 2014: How to prevent CO Poisoning during Power Outages
- November 2, 2014: Set your clocks back tonight and think of other ways to save energy
- November 1, 2014: Help a friend in need to clear away debris
- October 31, 2014: Ghosts, Goblins and Witches - OH MY!
- October 30, 2014: Put safety first when water is high
- October 29, 2014: No Line is Safe to touch - EVER.
- October 28, 2014: The layered look is in ....
- October 27, 2014: Heavy wet snow + wind = lights out
- October 26, 2014: Speed kills, not snow or ice
- October 25, 2014: Are all those around you sneezing, coughing, blowing their noses?
- October 24, 2014: Snow will soon be here