> Tips > What would you do better the next time?
What would you do better the next time?
May 4, 2014
After an emergency, sometimes you just want to forget about it. But if you were affected by a disaster, think about how you could handle it better the next time. If your power was out, did you have a battery powered radio and flashlight? If you couldn't get around easily because roads were closed, did you have supplies at your house to get you through? An emergency is no fun, but we can learn from them how to weather the next storm.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely
- August 22, 2014: Think green for chemical safety
- August 21, 2014: Keep the Poison Center number handy
- August 20, 2014: Some things should never mix
- August 19, 2014: Are your cupboards poisonous?
- August 18, 2014: Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink
- August 17, 2014: Don't be afraid to tell your kids you're afraid
- August 16, 2014: Watch the news, then turn off the TV
- August 15, 2014: Take control in an emergency
- August 14, 2014: Your emergency plan is all about you
- August 13, 2014: Hunt for hidden hazards
- August 12, 2014: Tune your mind to the Safety Channel
- August 11, 2014: Protect your important papers
- August 10, 2014: Does your phone work when the power goes out?
- August 9, 2014: If it's in your emergency food supply, will your kids eat it?
- August 8, 2014: Practice makes perfect
- August 7, 2014: Asking for help is a sign of independence.
- August 6, 2014: Find out how your town would alert you in an emergency
- August 5, 2014: What does your grandmother know that you don't?
- August 4, 2014: What's in your wallet?
- August 4, 2014: Serve emergency awareness with dinner tonight
- August 2, 2014: When it's hot out there: take care
- August 1, 2014: August heat breeds August storms: take them seriously