#51 State House Station Augusta, ME 04333 | Phone: 207.624.6290 | Fax: 207.624.8729 | Maine Relay 711 | Visitor Information
Fair Housing Provisions
It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, or receipt of public assistance.
Examples of Covered Activities:
- Oral or written inquiries concerning protected traits
- Sale or rental of housing or residential lots
- Financing of housing
- Provision of real estate brokerage services
- Appraisal of housing
- Blockbusting and steering
- Unequal terms and conditions of housing
Anyone who feels that he or she has been subject to discrimination may file a complaint of housing discrimination with the Maine Human Rights Commission, 51 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0051.
Telephone: (207) 624-6290
TTY: Maine Relay 711
FAX: (207) 624-8729