MLTI Enrollment Pool
MLTI provides an expanded Enrollment Pool that is located at key points around the state. These pools of unallocated devices may be used to cover unexpected enrollment changes. At times, the Department may recall school's unallocated devices to the Enrollment Pool.
Enrollment Pools are located in:
7. North Berwick
8. Presque Isle
9. South Portland
When schools need additional devices to account for increases in enrollment or eligible staff, schools should reference the Additional Device Requests section in the MLTI Manual.
Recalling Unallocated Devices
At times, the Department may recall school's unallocated devices to the Enrollment Pool. When a school is asked to return “extra” devices, they should refer to the following guidelines to determine how many unallocated devices are at the school.
- Please make sure that every allocated asset in the school has an assignment in the MLTI Asset Manager. Extras are devices that are not assigned to staff or students and are not assigned as Spare or Enrollment Pool in the asset manager.
- MacBooks being returned to the Enrollment Pool must be in good working condition and they must be in an MLTI-issued sleeve, with a charger, extension cord, and AC adaptor (duckhead).
- The school should report extra devices through the Extra MacBook Reporting form. This will help the DOE communicate the number of extras and contact information to the school’s preferred Enrollment Pool. The school will then work with the Enrollment Pool to arrange a time return the devices.
- After completing the Extra MacBook Reporting form, and arrangements have been made with the Enrollment Pool, the devices will need to be transferred in the MLTI Asset Manager.
- Schools should not return extras until they have received communication from the DOE that confirms the transaction.
Formula Used by MLTI for Billing Purposes
We start with the total number of machines in the asset manager at each MLTI school and then subtract the...
…Total eligible 7-12 faculty/staff from 2009-2011 orders.
…Total of 7th and 8th grade students enrolled as of October 1st (if applicable).
…Total billable devices that have been paid off (if applicable).
Number of billable devices paid off includes:
- Devices ordered in 2009 on the one- or two-year payment plans.
- Devices ordered in 2010 on the one-year payment plan.
- Devices ordered in 2011 on the one-year payment plan.
…Total devices in your enrollment pool (if applicable.) Please see above for the list of Enrollment Pool school locations.
The result of this formula is the number of devices MLTI will bill the school.
If the result is lower than the number of devices billed in the first quarter (due to transfers out, including sending extras to the Enrollment Pool), the school’s invoice will reflect a credit and an adjustment from the first quarter invoice; likewise, if the number of devices has increased, the invoice will be adjusted to bill for extra/unallocated devices.
Invoices in quarters three and four will be for the number of billable devices that were determined in the second quarter.
Schools with questions should contact the MLTI Project Office at the Department of Education.
MLTI MacBook Request Form