Library Construction Statewide
Maine State Library Development Office facilitates the library construction process with libraries through the services of the District Consultants. Review Grants and Funding for opportunities related to construction.
Public library construction projects with information on construction type, status of project, before and after size, costs, architect, and contractor.
Resources for the planning process, regulations & standards, architecture & design, and moving.
- Building Libraries and Library Additions: A Selected Annotated Bibliography, American Library Association
- Space Planning WebJunction
- Massachusetts Public Library Construction - Multiple helpful links to past projects and related documents
Regulations and Standards
- Maine Public Library Standards and Definition
- OWLS Public Library Standards Web Page with checklists and tools to facilitate calculations
- ADA: U.S. Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities Act
Architecture and Design
- Maine Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Libris Design - Libris Design is a library facility planning information system
- American Society of Interior Designers
- You & Your Architect: A Guide for a Successful Partnership [PDF] This file requires the free Adobe Reader.
- Maine QBS Program